Molykote 1000 is a solid lubricant that is available in a spray and a paste. It is ideal for bolted metal joints that are subjected to high temperatures (up to 650°C) and corrosive effects. It contains no lead or nickel and is designed to reduce wear and optimise friction of threaded fasteners, or other metal-to-metal joints. If you have bolts that need to be re-tightened or disconnected after assembly then Molykote 1000 is perfect as it prevents destruction whilst dismantling even after long use at high temperatures.
- Suitable for bolted joints that are subjected to high temperatures up to 650°C (1202°F) and to corrosive effects, and which, after assembling and the initial operation, have to be re-tightened or disconnected. In order to ensure constant pre-stressing forces, uniform and steady coefficients of friction of the lubricant are necessary.
- Used successfully for cylinder head bolts, nozzle head screws of plastic injection moulding machines, bolted joints in the chemical industry, and also for the tension rings of centrifuges.
- Can be used over a wide range of temperatures (-30°C/-22°F to 650°C/1202°F)
- High load-carrying capacity
- Enables non-destructive dismantling, even after long use at high temperatures
- Coefficient of friction unchanged in the area of oiled bolts, even after several bolt re-tightening and loosening processes
- Good corrosion protection
- Solid lubricants
- Mineral oil
- Powdered metal