Dowsil™ / Dow Corning Silastic 9161 Flit Plug Encapsulant Kit is a ready to mix product. It consists of a white, low viscosity base which cures to a silicone rubber upon the addition of the catalyst which is blue, allowing a visual confirmation of mixing.
Silastic 9161 Flit Plug Encapsulant has been formulated especially for use in Flame Proof Connecting Equipment. It can help keep dust and dirt away from
connectors, effectively minimising the risk of arcing. It has been approved for use by Department of Mines, N.S.W and Queensland (Australia) for
encapsulation of bolted couplers (Flit plugs) use in mining applications.
- Room temperature cure
- Usable at temperatures from -50å¡C
- to +250å¡C
- Excellent dielectric properties
- Blue coloured catalyst for ease of mixing
- Highly resistant to moisture, oxidation and weathering
- Easily mixed and poured
- Easily repaired by cutting away and pouring new material
- No heating equipment needed