Castrol Aircol PD 46 air compressor oil is ideal for lubricating the crankcase and cylinders of reciprocating compressors. It is an ashless air tool oil that will also lubricate rotors, bearings and gears in rotary compressors. It can also be used as a screw compressor oil if they have a delivery temperature of up to 120C.
Aircol provides good corrosion protection and has low deposit forming tendencies which extends oil change intervals and provides longer air filter life. It also has excellent water separation characteristics that allow condensation to readily separate from the oil.
- Good viscosity characteristics over a wide range
- Excellent water separation characteristics allows condensation to readily separate from the oil minimising the risk of emulsions which could block the oil separator element.
- Prevents corrosion when operating under humid conditions.
- Excellent coalescing properties means little carry over of oil in the air stream.
- Low deposit forming tendencies extends oil change intervals and provides longer air filter life which contributes to a reduction in maintenance goals.
- Good thermal stability, low volatility and low carbon formation reduces the risk of fire and explosion.
- Available in 46, 68 & 100 viscosities.